Bad breath is a major problem to yourself, and much more to the people around you. So if you draw people away the moment you talk or you personally smell a rotten egg inside your mouth, then it is time to be conscious about your mouth problem and do something about it. It is time to read this bad breath treatment information.
First things first; most bad breath cases are either situational or occasional so it can be treated easily by the following way…
1. Brush your teeth! This is the most basic thing you can do clean your teeth and remove that foul odor off your mouth, and it is effective too. Doctors recommend that you brush your teeth for at least 2 times a day with toothpaste with fluoride for a minimum of two minutes. Using commercial toothpastes is okay if you are having bad breath attack after you eat your lunch but they may provide a temporary relief if you have more severe case of bad breath.
2. Make your own toothpaste. As an alternative to commercial toothpaste, you can use more effective and less expensive toothpaste you can easily make. Just mix 3 parts baking soda with 1 part salt; put it on your toothbrush and brush your teeth like you normally do. Soon, you have a whiter teeth and fresher breath.
3. Use dental floss. Aside from brushing your teeth and using homemade toothpaste, use dental floss at least once a day. This ensures that the food particles hidden in between your teeth are removed. Food particles when left out inside your mouth can breed bacteria that breakdown sugar and protein and produces volatile sulphur compounds (VSCs) which cause bad breath.
4. Clean your tongue. The best way to treat bad breath is to attack the area where bacteria are heavily breeding. Clean your tongue with tongue cleaner/scraper. This is the most effective way to remove the foul odor off your mouth.
5. Keep your mouth wet. Bacteria thrive on dry areas of your mouth. You should therefore not allow it to happen. Keep your mouth wet by drinking a lot of water. Eating, which stimulates saliva production should also be done regularly. And, avoid commercial mouthwash that contains too much alcohol. Alcohol can make your mouth dry. As an alternative, make your own mouthwash by mixing 2 teaspoon of aloe vera and 24 ounces of water. Regular gurgling with water is also effective in bad breath treatment.
6. Each more fruits and vegetables. Carrots, apple, cucumber, and parsley contain antioxidants that effectively remove bad breath. They are also effective in cleaning your teeth naturally. And since prevention is proven better than cure, stay away certain foods that can cause bad breath like onion and garlic.
7. Let the dentist fix your problem teeth. Plaque, tartar, and cavities can all lead to bad breath. So make sure you go to the dentist and have them all removed/fixed/treated.
8. Turn down coffee and soda. Both contribute to bad breath. Switch to tea.
9. Chew sugar-free gums. Your aim is to induce more saliva flow to your mouth to keep it moist so that bacteria are washed away. And chewing sugar-free gums is an effective way to do it.
Bad breath reduces self-confidence. Thus when you know you have this problem, treat it immediately and be persistent.Mail this post